Cha & Reiter, LLC is highly successful in obtaining patent protection for our clients’ inventions. All of our patent attorneys are registered to practice in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and hold advanced degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering, electronics, and computer science. We have successfully obtained patents in diverse areas including semiconductor devices and processes, cellular telephone systems, graphic user interfaces, data compression algorithms, hardware and software Internet applications, circuits, flat-panel plasma display, computer networks, home-electronic-entertainment systems, MPEG-related systems and software, optical-fiber systems, voice-recognition applications, and medical imaging devices including MRI, X-ray, CT and ultrasound systems.
We have also prepared numerous patent applications in the areas of the Internet and e-commerce, including advertising, banking and financial transactions, web-related systems and resource management, and content-delivery systems.
Patent-related services we provide to our clients include:
- Meeting with inventors to obtain invention disclosure in all fields of science and technology and patent applications with insight and knowledge to better avoid possible pitfalls in potential litigation.
- Researching prior art patents relevant to invention disclosures and rendering opinions as to patentability and potential infringement.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including examiner interviews and appeals to the Patent and Trademark Office Board of Appeals and to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Prosecuting and defending or opposing reissue, re-examination, and interference proceedings in the U.S. Patent Trademark Office.
- Enforcing issued patents, including infringement analysis of competing products and obtaining compliance from infringers through negotiation or, if necessary, litigation in the courts or before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Defending against unwarranted claims of patent infringement.
- Exploiting the commercial value of inventions, including negotiation and preparation of agreements for manufacturing rights, distribution rights, licensing and cross-licensing; assisting to form strategic alliances; arbitrating disputes arising from intellectual (IP) agreements; preparing complex IP agreements to develop enforcement and escape strategies; performing due diligence on the IP aspects of mergers and acquisitions; advising with necessary technology-transfer agreements; and advising on transactional structures that address antitrust and competition law issues.